Upstate SC Wild Turkey Enduro
Sunday November 20th 2016
The Upstate SC Wild Turkey Enduro will be timed this year using a Sport-ident Air timing system. Each rider will be given a Timing chip that will be attached to their left wrist. Chips must be accessible and easy to get to. Same timing system used for the Pisgah Enduro.
Video of how the timing system works
Sunday November 20, 2016
Location: Paris Mountain State Park 2401 State Park Road Greenville SC 29609
8:00am – Park open.
8:00am – 9:00am – Sign-In / Day-of registration.
9:15am – Mandatory racer meeting.
9:30am – Race start.
4:00pm – Race cut-off.
4:20pm – Awards ceremony.
6:00pm – PARK CLOSED.
The Enduro will consist of 4 timed stages. Each stage is a different combination of trails and are mostly downhill. We’re using pretty much every trail legal to bikes in the park, and will have some overlapping sections; where you’ll ride a section or two more than once over the course of the day.
- Sunday Start : The start is going to be a Lemans start (run to your bikes) and start the day with a “non-timed climb” to (thin the herd) but there are some bonuses for the XC guys and gals (cash grab or two) for getting to the top.
- All Stages are first come first served, which means: get there quick and you won’t be waiting around to move on. Once riders make it up to the start of a stage they’ll be let go at one minute intervals. Like I said the timed stages are all mostly downhill
- Stage 1 To be Announced (Paris Mtn)
- Stage 2 To be Announced (Paris Mtn)
- Stage 3 To be Announced (Paris Mtn)
- Stage 4 To be Announced (Paris Mtn)
- The in between stages are non timed , and are some big climbs some road / some trail.
Map of the Park (pdf file) we’ll let you imagine the routes.
- we’ll have a handful of volunteers manning some of the intersections of the trails being used… very minimal in the taping of course routes. You’ll know which way to go.
- Stages maybe announced 2 weeks prior to the event date. The timed stages will challenge all skill levels of riders and will cover nearly every multi-use trail in Paris Mtn. State Park.
- Choice of Bike (XC,AM,DH) is up to you.
We’ll have 2 volunteers at each start and finish:
- A Sport-ident timing system will be used. We will have flying starts and flying finishes this year.
- Each rider will receive a chip that will be attached to their left wrist.
- At the start of each stage a volunteer will read riders chip with a checkpoint unit. You will then have a 20ft run in and pass a start timing gate that will start your stage time.
- At the finish of each stage you will pass through a finish timing gate. After you pass through the finish gate you will have a 20 yard run out where a volunteer will check you out and direct you to the next stage. Riders must come to a complete stop in order to have their chip ready the volunteer.
- Your Flying Finish Time will be you official finish time for the stage.
Timing Chips will be taken at the finish of Stage 4 and times calculated and ranked by category. All chips must be returned at the end of the day.
****If you do not return your chips you will be charged a $200 fee for replacement****
- Men’s Beginner, Sport, Masters 40+, Expert / Pro: Prizes and Medals
- Women’s Beginner, Sport, Masters 40+ Expert / Pro: Prizes and Medals
- Juniors 14 and Under: Prizes and Medals
- Juniors 15 and Over: Prizes and Medals
- Hard Ass (No Suspension, geared or SS): Prizes and Medals
- Single Speed (With or Without Suspension): Prizes and Medals
- Fat Bike (tires 4″ or Greater): Prizes and Medals
- $55 Pre-Reg/ $65 Day Of
- Online Registration Closes November 18. You will still be able to register on-site at “TBD” on November 19, 2016 or at Paris Mountain State Park on November 20, 2016 * if we haven’t reached 150 rider cap.
- November 18th check in and packet pickup will be available at “TBD” during Upstate Cranksgiving Pre-Party. Timing Chips will be given out day of.
RIDER CAP IS 150 RIDERS PER EVENT.
Like us on Facebook for the latest news